- Risk-free 8-week trial
- Directly from manufacturer
- Free return shipping
Why we love this product
The Definion 3S is the latest addition to the product portfolio of our reference class Definion range. First class technology like Synchronized Coaxial Acoustics, wok woofers and a precision bass reflex channel give the Definion 3S its transparent sound and powerful bass. A sleek trapazoidal design and lacquer finish rounds out this premium bookshelf speaker for those who place the highest demands on both sound and style.
Key advantages at a glance
- High-end stereo bookshelf speakers with balanced hi-fi playback
- Patented Synchronized Coaxial Acoustic technology creates an exceptionally spatious & coherent soundstage
- Newly designed precision bass reflex system extends the bass down to 48 Hz
- Long-throw wok woofer with carbon fiber membrane delivers high impulse fidelity and dynamics
- Elegant lacquer finish in either anthracite or white enhances the sleek, trapezoidal wooden cabinet
- Perfect for use with the Definion 3 as a surround sound system
- Can be placed on a shelf or stands (for the Definion 5S)
SCA technology developed at Teufel’s Berlin headquarters
Over two years of intense development went into the special flat membrane coax drivers used in the Definion 3. The result was Teufel's patented SCA (Sychronized Coaxial Acoustics) technology that operates as a near-perfect point sound source for reduced differences in propagation times between the mid and upper frequencies.
SCA technology fuses the tweeter and midrange driver into a single component ensuring that all frequencies reach the listener’s ear at the same time for playback so realistic, it resembles a live concert.
Experience the following benefits:
- All acoustic events are experienced as coming from individual sound sources for a highly realistic effect
- The even dispersion of sound means that everyone in the room share the same exceptional sound experience
- The flat membrane of the midrange driver is so constructed that it in no way impairs the functioning of the tweeter in front of it
- The coax driver unit propels the soundwaves outwards from the same place for a very even dispersion
- Since the frequencies do not interfere with each other, more precise playback is created
- A dedicated tweeter for the treble for a more natural ambience
Precision bass reflex system
A completely redesigned bass reflex systems uses a precision channel that eliminates nearly all of the problems that often occur with bass reflex systems. The precision channel‘s innovative qualities include:
- A low crossover frequency to the SCA driver
- The elimination of wind noise though a larger channel size
- Special constructed molding and curvature of the channel for a deep resonance frequency
The exact dimensioning of the bass reflex channel ensures that the air rushing through it extends the bass range exactly where the woofer’s low end leaves off.
- 1 × Baseplate DEF 3S FRB (pair) – Black
2 × Satellite Speaker DEF 3S FCR
- 4 × rubber feets for DEF 3 S (Set)
Satellite Speaker DEF 3S FCR
High-end stereo bookshelf speaker with extraordinarily precise play back
Description Item Width 20 cm Height 42,5 cm Depth 35,5 cm Weight 13 kg
Description Item High Level speaker inputs 1 Terminal clamps Gold-plated screw terminals Minimum amplifier output power recommended 25 W
Description Item Suitable for AV receiver Yes Suitable for banana plug Yes Maximum cable diameter 6 mm Equalisation openings (pos.) Backside Equalisation openings 1 Enclosure material MDF Enclosure surface Lacquer, silk matte Net internal volume 14,5 L Tweeter (number per enclosure) 1 Tweeter (diameter) 25 mm Tweeter (material) Fabric Midrange driver (number per enclosure) 1 Midrange driver (diameter) 105 mm Midrange driver (material) Aluminium Woofer (number per enclosure) 1 Woofer (diameter) 160 mm Woofer (material) Carbon fiber Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term) 100 W Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m) 86 dB Frequency range from/to 50 - 22000 Hz Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term) 140 W Maximum sound pressure level 105 dB/1m Impedance 4 - 8 Ohm Crossover frequency to Woofer (recommended) 60 Hz Acoustic principle 3-way-system Enclosure type Bass reflex Crossover frequency internal switch 450 / 3300 Hz
Connecting cables are not included with this delivery
Downloads & support
Shipping informationShipping information
Information about the guaranteeWarranty and guarantee
Audio glossaryAudio lexicon: Technical terms quickly explained
Buyers' guide and service
Teufel SupportVisit our self help support page Support & Contact
Store FinderExperience our products in person and talk to our team directly for the best expert advice. Overview
Only one MOVE PRO per order. A credit transfer or cash payment for the value of the MOVE PRO is not possible.
The MOVE PRO as a free bonus cannot be used in combination with another voucher coupon. Other vouchers are not redeemable if the free MOVE PRO is part of the purchase.
This offer is valid for orders placed between 31.03.2023 at 00:00 and 31.03.2023 at 23:59. This offer is valid only as long as MOVE PRO stocks last.
The MOVE PRO has a normal sale price of € 129.99. This offer is regarded as a unit offer.
As with all free promotional offers, neither the 12 year warranty nor the 2 year warranty are valid for this product.
The MOVE PRO may be delivered separately.